A lehenga choli exudes elegance and tradition. However, it’s not just about the lehenga and choli; the way you style your lehenga dupatta can elevate your look to a whole new level. Whether you’re attending a wedding, a festive celebration, or a special event, the way you drape and accessorise your dupatta can make a dazzling entrance. In this guide, we’ll explore creative ways to style your lehenga dupatta and pair it with stunning Indian earrings to create a captivating and unforgettable look.
Styling Your Lehenga Dupatta
- Classic Over-the-Shoulder Drape: The classic over-the-shoulder drape is timeless and versatile. Simply drape your dupatta over one shoulder and let it flow elegantly down your back. This style allows you to showcase the intricate embroidery or design on the dupatta while keeping it securely in place. Pair this look with long Indian earrings that complement the colour and design of your lehenga for a cohesive ensemble.
- Diagonal Shoulder Drape: For a more contemporary and asymmetrical look, opt for the diagonal shoulder drape. Instead of draping the dupatta evenly over one shoulder, bring it diagonally across your chest and secure it over the opposite shoulder. This style adds a modern twist to your traditional attire. Choose statement Indian earring with intricate detailing or gemstones to balance the boldness of this drape style.
- Front Pallu Style: The front pallu style is a unique way to showcase the beauty of your lehenga dupatta. Instead of draping it on your back, bring the dupatta to the front and pleat it neatly over one shoulder. This style not only highlights the dupatta’s design but also allows you to flaunt your Indian earrings prominently. Select jewellery that complements the colour scheme of your lehenga for a harmonious look.
- Half Saree Inspired Drape: Embrace the elegance of a half saree by draping your lehenga dupatta like a saree pallu. Start by pleating one end of the dupatta and tucking it into your lehenga skirt. Then, take the other end and drape it across your chest, securing it over the opposite shoulder. This style creates a fusion look that combines the best of both lehengas and sarees.
- Dupatta as a Cape: For a modern and trendy twist, transform your lehenga dupatta into a stylish cape. Drape the dupatta over your shoulders and secure it in front, creating a cape-like effect.
Pairing with Indian Earrings
When choosing Indian earrings to complement your lehenga dupatta, consider the following tips:
- Match the Colour: Select earrings that match or harmonise with the colours of your lehenga and dupatta. This creates a cohesive and balanced look.
- Consider the Design: Take into account the design elements of your lehenga and dupatta. If they feature intricate embroidery or motifs, choose earrings with similar patterns or detailing.
- Balance the Style: Ensure that the style of your Indian earrings complements the overall look. For traditional lehengas, opt for classic earrings, while contemporary lehenga choli can be paired with more modern earring designs.
- Gemstone Accents: If your lehenga or dupatta features gemstone embellishments, select earrings with matching gemstones for a coordinated appearance.
Styling your lehenga dupatta is an art that allows you to express your personality and create a captivating entrance on any occasion. Whether you choose the classic over-the-shoulder drape, the diagonal shoulder drape, the front pallu style, the half saree-inspired drape, or transform your dupatta into a cape, each style offers a unique charm. To complete your look, pair your lehenga dupatta with stunning Indian earrings that blend with the colours and design elements of your attire.